Hey there, I’m 9gta5mods, and in this guide, I’ll walk you through the installation process for AddonPeds and The Flash Mod on the Epic Games Store version of Grand Theft Auto 5. Before we get started, there are a few important things to keep in mind.
What You’ll Need
Before we dive into the installation process, let’s make sure you have everything you need. Here’s a quick rundown:
- OpenIV: If you haven’t already installed OpenIV, you can find a download link in the description below. Make sure it’s set up correctly.
- Script Hook: We’ll need both Script Hook and ScriptHookV.NET. While I don’t have NativeUI installed, I’ll guide you through installing Script Hook and ScriptHookV.NET. Fortunately, Script Hook V has been updated to support the new Epic Games Store version of the game, so things should run smoothly. You can download it from this link.
- NativeUI: For those of you who require NativeUI, you can find it on the releases page. Simply click on “Release” to download the zip file.
By now, you should have all three of these requirements downloaded and ready to go. As for OpenIV, if you’ve already installed and set it up, you’re good to proceed. If not, refer to the link in the description for a step-by-step guide on how to install and configure it.
To get started, locate your Grand Theft Auto 5 folder. It’s usually in the “C:\Program Files\Epic Games\GTA 5” directory, but it might be on a different drive or location depending on your setup. Regardless of its location, let’s continue.
Now, let’s proceed with the ScriptHookV installation. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the ScriptHookV zip file you downloaded.
- Inside the “bin” folder, you’ll find several files. Move everything except for “NativeTrainer.asi” into your GTA V application folder. To do this, simply drag and drop the files into your GTA V folder.
- If you encounter a prompt asking whether you want to replace any existing files, choose the option to replace them.
- Next, open the ScriptHookV configuration file by double-clicking on it.
Now, let’s install ScriptHookV.NET. Here’s what you need to do:
- Locate the ScriptHookVDotNet.dll file or select the corresponding .asi file.
- Drag and drop this file into your Grand Theft Auto 5 folder.
- If prompted, choose the option to replace any existing files.
With ScriptHookV and ScriptHookV.NET successfully installed, let’s move on to the next steps.
Now, let’s proceed with the installation of NativeUI. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, navigate to the top level of your Grand Theft Auto 5 folder.
- Check if you have a “scripts” folder. If it’s not already there, you can create one.
- Inside the “scripts” folder, there shouldn’t be any files unless you’ve previously installed a different mod. For instance, in my case, I have Natural Vision Remastered installed, and you can find a link to it in the description below.
- If you don’t have a “scripts” folder, go ahead and create one in your Grand Theft Auto 5 directory.
- Now, open the NativeUI release folder you downloaded. Select all the files inside.
- Drag and drop these selected files into the “scripts” folder you just created. They should transfer into the folder seamlessly.
- Once you’ve completed this step, your “scripts” folder should contain files named “NativeUI.dll” and “NativeUI.xml.”
With that, we’ve successfully installed all the necessary requirements for your mod setup.
Now, let’s download the actual AddonPeds mod itself. Follow these steps:
- Check the description below for a link to the AddonPeds 3.0.1 download page.
- Click the link to access the download page.
- On the download page, click the “Download” button.
- Once the download is complete, open the downloaded RAR file. You can use a program like WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract its contents.
- Ensure that you are in the GTA 5 base folder, where you can see the “scripts” folder and the “GTA5.exe” file.
- Select the following three items from the extracted files: “AddonPedsEditor.exe,” “AddonPedsVars.xml,” and the “scripts” folder.
- Drag and drop these selected items into the main GTA 5 folder. Your main GTA 5 folder should now contain the “AddonPeds,” “AddonPedsVars,” and “scripts” folders.
- Inside the “scripts” folder, you should see a file named “HeadSelector.asi.”
- Open the provided readme file for additional information. You might have already noticed the installation requirements mentioned earlier.
Now, let’s proceed to the next installation steps, which involve adding the mod to the game and making necessary edits.
Notes on adding peds
Now, let’s delve into the more interesting part of the installation process, where you can choose between two methods: normal peds and streamed peds. One method involves a folder labeled “ft” with “ymt” files, while the other method uses “yd,” “YT,” “ln,” “yft,” and “ymt” files. The choice between these methods doesn’t significantly impact the installation unless you want to customize the ped differences. Let’s begin by following the steps below to add your AddonPeds to the game.
- In your GTA 5 directory, look for the “AddonPeds” folder.
- Within this folder, you will find two subfolders, one for normal peds and the other for streamed peds. Choose the one that suits your preference or the ped you want to add.
- For “normal peds” (the folder with “ft” and “ymt” files):
- Inside the “normal peds” folder, locate the “ft” folder.
- Within the “ft” folder, you’ll find “ymt” files. These files contain ped data.
- Follow the specific instructions related to “normal peds” for your chosen ped.
- For “streamed peds” (the folder with “yd,” “YT,” “ln,” “yft,” and “ymt” files):
- Inside the “streamed peds” folder, you’ll see various files with different extensions: “yd,” “YT,” “ln,” “yft,” and “ymt.”
- These files are responsible for the streamed ped’s appearance and behavior.
- Proceed with the instructions relevant to “streamed peds” for your selected ped.
Each method has its own set of instructions for adding and configuring peds, so be sure to follow the guidelines that match your choice.
Installing Peds [Flash Characters Pack]
In the description below, there were numerous requests for installing the CW The Flash Characters Pack AddonPeds version. Here’s how to do it:
- Click the provided link to download the CW The Flash Characters Pack AddonPeds.
- Once the download is complete, open the downloaded folder. Inside, you’ll find several files and an “AddonPeds” folder.
- Look for the installation instructions. If you haven’t already installed the AddonPeds Ped Selector (which is mentioned as something you’ve already done), you can refer to those instructions.
- Next, you’ll find a folder called “playped files to update x64 DLC packs” and another folder named “AddonPeds DLC RPF.”
- Start by extracting the contents of the “AddonPeds DLC RPF” folder to a convenient location, such as your desktop. This will give you access to all the files and the “ini” folder.
- Close the zip file once you’ve extracted its contents.
- Open OpenIV and navigate to the “mods” folder. Then, head into “update” > “x64” > “DLC packs.”
- Locate the “AddonPeds DLC RPF” folder within the “DLC packs” directory and open it.
- Now, you should be inside the “heads” folder. You’ll need to select the ped files you want to install. You can choose one or multiple files based on your preference.
- Drag and drop the selected ped files into this folder. OpenIV may briefly freeze, but it will eventually import the files.
- With the ped files imported, it’s time to open “AddonPeds Editor.exe” and add the peds. Run the “AddonPeds Editor” as an administrator.
- In the AddonPeds Editor, click “Peds” and then “New Ped.”
- For each ped you want to add, enter the name (e.g., CW Reverse-Flash, The Flash, etc.), specify the gender (typically male), and set “Is Streamed” to “False” since these peds don’t have folders associated with them.
- After adding all the peds, click “Add Head” for each one.
- Once you’ve added all the peds and their respective heads, click “Rebuild” and then “OK.”
- You may encounter a message about placing an INI file. Follow the instructions as needed.
With these steps completed, you should have successfully added the CW The Flash Characters Pack AddonPeds to your game. Enjoy playing with these new characters!
Flash Script Mod install
Adding Flash Mod Files to the Scripts Folder
Now, let’s integrate the Flash Mod files into your scripts folder. Follow these steps:
- Inside your “scripts” folder, you may notice a lack of a folder named “the flash files.” To rectify this, you’ll need to download the actual Flash Mod. You can find a link to it in the description below.
- Click the provided link to access the download page.
- Once you’re on the Patreon page, scroll down and locate the “Flash.zip” file. Click on it to start the download.
- After the download is complete, open the downloaded “Flash.zip” file. You’ll find several files inside.
- Extract the contents of the “Flash.zip” to a location on your desktop or any other convenient location.
- Now, within OpenIV, go to “Tools” and select “Package Installer.”
- In the Package Installer window, select the “FlashIV.oiv” file that you just extracted from the “Flash.zip.”
- Click “Install.” You’ll then be prompted to choose the game folder. Click “Game Folder” and confirm the installation.
- Returning to your “scripts” folder, you should now see a new folder named “the flash files.” Inside this folder, there’s also a “HUD” folder.
- To complete the installation, create a new folder within “the flash files” called “suits.” Navigate inside this “suits” folder.
- Open the “ini” folder from the “the flash files” and drag all its contents into the “suits” folder.
- Close the “ini” folder.
With these steps, you’ve successfully integrated the Flash Mod files into your game. You should now have a functioning version of AddonPeds along with the Flash Mod.
Fixing crash on load
At this point, when I tried launching the game, it would load briefly, but right before entering the game world, it crashed consistently. I was perplexed by this issue, but after some research on forums and discussions, it seemed that the CW Zoom:1 ped might be the culprit behind these crashes. To troubleshoot and fix the problem, I took the following steps:
- I reopened AddonPeds and selected the CW Zoom ped.
- In the AddonPeds menu, I navigated to “Peds” and then chose “Delete.” This effectively deactivated the CW Zoom ped. I didn’t need to remove any other files.
- However, to be cautious, I decided to remove a few more peds just to ensure stability. I removed both Reverse Flashes, CW Zoom, and Flash S4. This left only Reverse Flash and The Flash, along with The Flash 20:24.
- After making these changes, I clicked “Rebuild” within AddonPeds to update the ped configurations.
- Finally, I launched the game again, and this time it worked much better. However, I still encountered some issues. It appeared that some of the additional mods I had installed might be causing conflicts.
It’s essential to note that modifying your game’s ped roster can help resolve crashing issues, but it’s possible that other mods or conflicting configurations could still be causing problems. Further troubleshooting may be necessary to ensure a stable and enjoyable gaming experience.
Ped selector working
Now that we’re in the game, you can activate the ped selector menu by pressing L2. From there, select “Add-On Peds” and pick your desired character. Voila! You’ll instantly transform into that character within the Grand Theft Auto 5 world.
However, it’s important to note that this change in appearance doesn’t grant you any superpowers or abilities. Essentially, you’ve switched your character’s skin. If you wish, you can switch to different characters like Superman, Flash 2024, and more, provided you haven’t deleted too many of these characters. As far as I’m aware, it’s usually the Zoom model that tends to cause issues.
If you want to access additional features or menus, you can often do so by pressing the Q key for the next menu.
However, it seems that the superpowers aren’t working as expected. After reviewing the installation notes for the Flash Mod, I discovered that having the “ni b sh net” and “e nib mods menu” is required for it to function properly. To address this issue, follow these steps:
- Visit the provided link that directs you to a Patreon page.
- Download the “ni b sh net” and “e nib mods menu” zip file from the page.
- Once the download is complete, open the zip file and extract its contents. You can extract it to your desktop or any other preferred location.
- Close the game if it’s currently running and return to OpenIV.
- Within OpenIV, go to “Tools” and select “Package Installer.”
- Choose the “oibm.oiv” file from the extracted contents.
- Click “Set a package” and proceed to install it.
- When prompted, select the “Game Folder” option and confirm the installation.
With these additional files installed, your superpowers should now function as expected. You can now enjoy the full range of abilities associated with your chosen character in the game.
Now, moving forward with the installation, I’ll guide you through the next steps. In-game, press Ctrl + M to open the mod menu. You can use the Numpad keys, such as 8 to go back and 5 to select options.
Inside the mod menu, navigate to “Taco Powers,” select “The Flash,” and choose a specific ped model, such as “Taco Powers.”
However, something unexpected happened at this point. This mod has transitioned to a paid-only model. Although you can activate a free trial, you’ll eventually receive a pop-up notification.
When the pop-up appears, press “F4” to access the trial access page. You’ll be redirected to a webpage where you can click on “Activate a Trial Period.”
On the trial access page, I had some issues, as it didn’t load immediately. After waiting for a while, the page eventually appeared with the logo. At this point, I closed it, returned to the game, and pressed “Insert” to reload the mod.
After reloading the mod, I attempted to select my character again. This time, the process worked more smoothly. Upon returning to the game, I pressed “Insert” and then used Ctrl + N to continue configuring the mod.
Please keep in mind that these steps are based on the available information, and the mod’s status or procedures may change over time. Be prepared to adapt to any new requirements or changes in the mod’s access.
Flash Mod working
To activate your Flash powers, select the desired skin and toggle powers. The screen will briefly turn black, and you’ll respawn as a pedestrian with enhanced speed. You can switch between normal walking and fast mode by pressing the Control key.
Holding down the Q key will open the powers menu, allowing you to select and activate various abilities. Simply click to use them. It’s a lot of fun to play around with these powers.
It’s worth noting that, unfortunately, this plugin now requires payment beyond the free trial. This is a decision made by the developers, and that’s the current setup.
In summary, this guide has shown you how to install a trial version of this Flash mod. Even if you choose not to use the Flash mod, you now have the knowledge of how to install and use ped mods. So, whether you decide to become a superhero or switch characters, you’re ready to enjoy your Grand Theft Auto 5 experience on the Epic Games Store version.